Take the fear out of quilting feathers! Explore 68 modern feather designs with step-by-step guidance from award-winning quilter Natalia Bonner. Quilt stunning feathers on a variety of blocks and borders with this beginner-friendly, visual guide. Unlike traditional feather quilting, which relies on exactness and precision, Natalia’s ideas will help you break away from perfection and find creativity in your quilting practice. Use your home sewing machine or a longarm to free-motion feathers with confidence, adding a truly elegant finish to today’s modern quilts.
- 68 modern feather designs! Beginner-friendly techniques from best-selling author Natalia Bonner
- Kick your feather fears to the curb with an easy-to-use guide for domestic and longarm quilters
- Finish blocks and borders with unique feather motifs to complement today’s modern quilts
Visual Guide to Free-Motion Quilting Feathers will begin shipping March 2017.
Free-motion your way to modern, beautiful quilts!
Free-motion fans, rejoice! Natalia Bonner is back with a follow-up to her wildly successful first book that boasts 50 new modern, sophisticated designs that encourage quilters of all skill levels to stretch their skills on a home sewing machine. A variety of simpler straight-line and free-motion motifs invite beginners to dive in, while designs that modernize more traditional patterns will challenge intermediate and advanced sewists. Full-size patterns can be used for practice or marking quilt tops, and tips on a wide range of topics—supplies, embellishments, layering, and basting—open up a world of endless variations.
• 50 new modern, sophisticated designs challenge quilters of all skill levels to stretch their skills
• Full-size patterns for more elaborate designs can be used for practice or to mark quilt tops
• Tips on supplies, layering, basting, and adjusting machine tension
Eye-catching, graphic quilts for every home
Don’t be square—discover exciting log cabins in varied shapes and formations! Best-selling authors Natalia Bonner and Kathleen Whiting put an imaginative new twist on the classic block with bold colors and dramatic lines. Packed with possibilities, this collection offers 20 quilts each in 3 sizes, with a bonus chapter on throw pillows and shams. Quick-sew techniques (no curves here!) make it easy to stitch big quilts. Whether you’ve been quilting for months, years, or decades, these fresh layouts with straightforward construction are sure to inspire!
•Bold new styles and shapes for the classic log cabin
•20 quilts in 3 sizes (baby, throw, and coverlet), plus pillows
•Sew big quilts fast! Simple two- or three-color designs
•From celebrated quilters Natalia Bonner and Kathleen Whiting, best-selling authors of Modern One-Block Quilts
Back to square one. Here are 22 exciting quilts, and all you need is one simple block pattern to make each one! From throws and wall hangings to queen-sized blankets, sewists of all skill levels will be inspired to create something new by manipulating this one simple block pattern with interesting fabrics, unusual shapes, and expressive lines. Expert quilters provide clear step-by-step instructions and a quiltmaking overview to help you from start to finish.
• One-block quilts are beginner-friendly, with fast, easy piecing and endless design options by changing up fabric choices
• Great value: 22 quilts in 3 sizes each - baby, wall, and queen - 66 quilt possibilities in all!
• Graphic designs are perfect for use in home decor
• Clear step-by-step photography takes the mystery out of free-motion quilting
• Learn how to quilt all-over, as background filler, on borders, and on individual blocks
• Loops and swirls, feathers and flames, flowers and vines, pebbles and more!
Signed copies are available here.
Shop owners and guilds:
Class plans are available here.